We’re Hiring: Patient Care Specialists
Location: South Trail Clinic (#519 – 4916 130 Avenue S.E. Calgary, Alberta)
Start Date: January 6, 2015, or as soon as suitable candidates are found.
As a Patient Care Specialist:
- You are the first point of contact patients and physicians have with our clinics and are responsible for a positive and helpful attitude.
- You assist patients with booking appointments in person or over the phone while answering any questions or concerns that they may have, in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- You are expected to greet patients when they arrive to our clinics and assist them with check-in and document verification at the front desk prior to their appointment.
- You support our Sonographers and Medical Radiation Technologists by changing patients and ensuring they are prepped and ready for their scheduled appointment.
- You enjoy speaking on the phone for several hours (7+ per day) with patients in a friendly and helpful manner.
Our Patient Care Specialists work 5 days (or 40 hours) per week. You may be asked from time to time to provide coverage at one of our other clinical locations for holiday or sick coverage. Our South Trail clinic also operates on Saturdays, with a flexible work week available.
This position has a starting wage of $17 per hour, with a pay expectation between $17 and $24 per hour.
After a successful 90-day training and probationary period you are eligible to participate in our comprehensive health and dental benefits plan, including 4% matching RRSP contributions.
- Successful completion of a high-school diploma, or equivalent.
- Successful completion of a recognized Medical Office Assistant (MOA) program is an asset.
- Exceptional understanding of anatomy and medical terminology is a must (including a general understanding of medical shorthand).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Pureform & PureKids Radiology uses an electronic medical record system so strong Microsoft Windows computer and typing skills are considered a requirement for this position.
- A general understanding of the following modalities: Ultrasound, Mammography, Bone Density, X-Ray.
- A minimum 2+ years working in Diagnostic Imaging is a strong consideration for this position.
- Familiarity with IntelePACS and/or InteleRIS (also known as ImageFlow) are valuable assets.
Ready to apply?
Applicants are invited to email us a copy of their resume along with answers to the following 3 pre-interview questions below to [email protected]:
- What does a “WestJet” level of customer service in Diagnostic Imaging mean to you? (500 words)
- To help us better understand your work experience, please provide us with a summary of your previous achievements or work experience, particularly as it relates to Diagnostic Imaging. (500 words)
- Is there anything else we should know about you that would make you an ideal candidate for this position? (500 words)
Thanks for your interest in working at Pureform & PureKids Radiology. During previous hiring rounds we have received a large number of applications for our Patient Care positions, so there may be a slight delay as we review and evaluate all candidates.
We thank you for your interest and application, however only successful candidates will be contacted for further follow-up.